CCE Art Happenings will let you know what is happening, not only in the Art Lab at Chets Creek Elementary, but also in the Jacksonville Community as well. Interesting websites are listed and fun ideas for art projects at home.
Friday, December 14, 2012
Radial Balance, Beautiful in all directionsI
In 2nd grade, we learn about RADIAL BALANCE. This is a wonderful opportunity to create these beautiful radial designs that look the same in all directions. This is one of the students favorite projects and they begin finding things in radial balance everywhere.
* Trace a circle on black paper and cut it out carefully.
* Fold the circle in half, then in half again, and in half once more.
* When opened up, the circle should have 4 long folds (8 sections) showing the middle of the circle.
* Using pencils, students can begin creating their designs, making sure to do the same thing in each of the 8 sections.
* Students can then paint in designs and finish up with oil pastels.