Monday, March 4, 2013

Clay Projects are BUSTING OUT all Over

The dust has not settled yet, in the Art Lab.........literally! Clay dust is everywhere as we are building clay things in every class. This is such a perfect way to teach the element of FORM and how it differs from SHAPE. I will have to say that this is probably the MOST FAVORITE medium, with which the students like to work. Here are some of the projects that have been done so far: 2nd - slab birds 3rd - apples, wild cat faces, blue bowl, pies 4th - slab plates 5th - sea turtles, masks

2 comments:

Dee Dee Tamburrino said...

How fun!! I thought the apple was a peach, but it was very well-done. No wonder I sneeze every time I come visit. Clay dust and I would not make good bedfellows!

Anonymous said...

My 5th grader just loves you and your class. She wants to go to Extended Day just so she can take your "after school class"! I would love to see what's new for this year! Post soon! :)