Friday, March 13, 2009

Proud of my Pointillists

I taught a lesson on pointillism to a 4th grade class for their Kids Art Fair project. I had the class 3 days in a row, which is rare, so I decided to start the project with them since it was going to be time consuming.

I showed the class a picture of Seurat's famous La Grande Jatte, and talked about the technique he used. The students then practiced drawing a still life with a vase and something overlapping the vase such as fruit or a cup. The students were to use the pointillism technique for the vase, however it was not required for the rest of the picture.

There were two students who just absolutely blew me away with their work. It was a difficult project that took patience, but I feel it is always worth it when students exceed your expectations. Take a look, I just cant believe these came from 4th graders! They are stunning!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I am blown away, too. I can't believe this work was produced by fourth graders. WOW!