Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Planning Day Workshop..Sculptural Success!!!!

This past Planning Day, I was asked to give a workshop entitled "Sculpting with things at hand". Art Teachers, many times, are limited to what they can use to create three dimentional pieces in the classrooms, due to budgets and space. In this workshop, we experimented with what could be sculpted with cardboard (which can be found in abundance) and found objects. Participants were give two hours to come up with unlimited ideas, and they really did come up with some great ones. I brought back some new ideas to try in my classroom.

Fun seemed to be had by all AND we contributed to the Green movement by recycling cardboard and all kinds of interesting donated treasures.





3 comments:

Dee Dee Tamburrino said...

Your artistic endeavors never cease to amaze and amuse me.

Suzanne said...

Wow! I can't create a piece of art if I have every available resource, and these gifted folks do it with a piece of cardboard. Incredible.

Suzanne said...

Wow! I can't create a piece of art if I have every available resource, and these gifted folks do it with a piece of cardboard. Incredible.